Thursday 2 September 2010

Buttons

I love buttons. It comes from a childhood button box that my nan had. She would bring it out when we were bored and we would spend hours counting and sorting them.

I have started making button jewellery which looks really funky but trying to find the right buttons has been really difficult and expensive. But on holiday I discovered a lovely wool shop in the Cotswolds selling large packs of buttons at reasonable prices hence I have a lot of buttons in lots of beautiful colours.

Trouble is with having lots of buttons is how to store them my others where away in a box but I liked the idea of having them on display so I had some kilner jars which I thought might work - it did.

So now the kids are back at school I can catch up with all the crafty jobs I have put on hold including sorting out my every growing button collection.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: